Stack trace dor gssapi-with-mic

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato at astro.su.se
Mon Apr 20 17:47:26 EST 2009

* Ted Creedon [2009-04-19 14:52:45 -0700]:
> I think there are two problems:
> 1. geronimo.creedon.biz reverse dnslookups as a comcast uri (its on a
> comcast dhcp line) - the forward dns is set up using dyndns. Look at the
> garbled klist below..

Both the stack trace and the garbled klist point to a serious problem
with the installation of MIT Kerberos on redcloud. (I assume your klist is
MIT Kerberos like the libraries ssh is linked against.) The DNS forward/reverse
mismatch is not a sufficient explanation for that klist output; a
corrupt credentials cache is more likely. (The timestamps look correct,
though; only the principals for that second ticket don't make sense.)

Try purging and reinstalling the Kerberos RPMs on redcloud. If this
were a fundamental problem with SuSE 10.1 I'd think it would have been
reported by others.

Check also the contents of /etc/krb5.conf.

Try testing basic Kerberos functionality independently of ssh.
For example, does aklog work for you? If it does, then maybe only the
GSSAPI library (which aklog doesn't use) is bad.