Summer of Code student for OpenSSH: Carlos Silva

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Apr 21 11:52:37 EST 2009

Hi,

We are delighted to accept Carlos Silva's proposal to renovate
sftp(1) as part of the Google Summer of Code.

Many of the ~40 applications we received were of high quality and
choosing the best one from the top five was particularly difficult.
Unfortunately, since this is our first time through the GSoC and because
we only have one "full-time" mentor (me), we are only able to host one
student this year. Otherwise we would have happily taken more -- the
quality of the best applications was very high.

I hope that the other student applicants are not discouraged and I
invite them to apply again next year or, if they are interested, to
look at contributing to OpenSSH outside the GSoC - there are plenty of
small bugs at https://bugzilla.mindrot.org/ that need love :)

-d