Feature request for SSH FTP

Luis M. luis.mgarc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 02:20:29 EST 2009

dawg wrote:

>>> Sure it is. The current implementation corrupts the existing file for a
>>> period of time.

Well, I totally agree with Dawg here. I think SFTP should provide a
native atomic file upload operation. Maybe we shouldn't "overwrite" the
traditional "put" behaviour but It would certainly be great to have
something like "safeput" that lets users upload a file and only when the
file has been transferred correctly, replace the old version with the
new one.

It may not strictly be a bug but I think it is a very reasonable and
nice feature that would be nice to have.

Luis.