sshd_config file settings

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 20 06:39:11 EST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:10:23 -0500, Snyder, Sherri S wrote:
> I have several Linux servers that behave oddly when a user's password
> has expired... they do not prompt for a new one, just kick the user off.
> I believe this is being caused by a setting in the sshd_config file, but
> I cannot determine which one - any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance!

A little more information would be helpful. What version of OpenSSH are
the servers running? What does the password portion of the PAM stack
look like? Is UsePAM enabled or disabled in the sshd_config? Also, does
this behaviour depend on how the user authenticates to the server, i.e.
password auth vs. pubkey?
--
Iain Morgan