sftp-server "audit" logging

Alexander Varga vargalexb at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 21:35:33 EST 2009

Hello

I figured out why it didn't work to me, even i used sshd v4.4 (nowadays of course using 5.2)
I did too much steps, LDAP authentication + logging + retricted shell, and one of those was the reason for  sftp logging not working.
To have restricted shell, so users are able only to sftp and refused to use ssh, I used "/usr/local/libexec/sftp-server" as shell, which then doesn't use the Subsystem command with wanted options (-f LOCAL7 -l INFO)

I ccreated a new file, which then used like shell for that user, and voala, everything works excelent

more /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server-shell
#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/libexec/sftp-server -f LOCAL7 -l INFO

Alex