ssh-agent in Cygwin?

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 00:52:08 EST 2009

On Dec 17 14:09, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > We're adding agent support to libssh2 and I'd like to know if the
> > > OpenSSH ssh-agent runs also in Cygwin, and if so how it does IPC?
> > > Pageant will be supported, but if it makes sense and there is little
> > > overhead it would be nice to also cover Cygwin.
> >
> > I don't quite understand the question.  Cygwin's ssh-agent is
> > working just like on other platforms, using AF_UNIX sockets.
>
> Ok! Are those sockets somehow reachable from native win32?

No.  Why is that necesary?  libssh2 should be usable within the Cygwin
POSIX layer without using any native Win32 functions.  Please treat the
Cygwin target like any other POSIX target, just like BSD, Linux,
Solaris, etc.  Don't treat it as a Win32 target.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader