Problem with Kerberos auth on AIX 5.3

Chapman, Kyle Kyle_Chapman at G1.com
Fri Feb 6 08:49:53 EST 2009

Have you tried the binary stuff off:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=127997

Its not the latest, however it works (krb5 support as well).  Have you
also tried to build while using the ibm supplied MIT distro (its on the
aix expansion kit cd)?

-----Original Message-----
From: openssh-unix-dev-bounces+kyle_chapman=g1.com at mindrot.org
[mailto:openssh-unix-dev-bounces+kyle_chapman=g1.com at mindrot.org] On
Behalf Of Dop
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:37 PM
To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
Subject: Problem with Kerberos auth on AIX 5.3

I've been banging my head against this for a few days so I thought I'd
see if anyone has an idea of what's going on.

AIX 5.3
OpenSSH 5.1p1
MIT Kerberos 1.6.3
zlib 1.2.3

Built with CC=cc and LDFLAGS=-brtl

When the client attempts to enter their kerberos password the daemon
rejects it with the following message:
debug1: Kerberos password authentication failed: Not enough space.

If you try again the message changes to:
debug1: Kerberos password authentication failed: There is not enough
memory available now.

I tracked that down to auth-krb5.c and a call to
krb5_sname_to_principal().  If you comment out that call kerberos
password authentication works just fine.  Unfortunately, that's not a
good long term solution.  It smells like some crazy AIX memory
allocation problem to me.  The ulimit settings appear fine and that's
about the limit of my AIX knowledge.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike