SSH PAM authentication/login with a new user DB (through NSS)

Hosung Song hosungs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:55:53 EST 2009

Thanks much for both of your suggestions. Tried PrivilegeSeparation off,
but it didn't work. I see there are now less child processes (just
[pam], without [net] and [priv]). I also noticed that it's the same
process which did "Accepted keyboard-interactive/pam for
hosungs at gmail.com" and "fatal: login_init_entry: Cannot find user "" ".
If it's the same process, I'm not sure why the username info is lost
somewhere...

Also tried pam-test-harness.c and it returned all Success when I tried
the ssh service with my PAM module and my email username.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Hosung