Restrict commands available in an SFTP session

Jason Dickerson jason.dickerson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:24:35 EST 2009

I am currently running OpenSSH 4.3.  I would like to restrict the commands
SFTP users can run to a list.  For example, "put, get, mput, mget, mkdir,
rmdir, and rm".  Is this possible with OpenSSH?  I have seen many posts
concerning chroot'ing and the Forced Command option, but none of these
solution address restricting the commands actually available inside the SFTP
subsystem.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Dickerson