forward the dbus session?

Goran Hasse gorhas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:39:00 EST 2009

In the past it was not a problem to log into a system many times (as the
same user). Now it is a mess! If you start a lot of programs on one seat
and then moves to another system and log in remotly to the first - you get
all sort of problems. Application already started. Locks betwen files, mixed
chaches and other stuff.

example:

(sleep 5 ; DISPLAY=:1 xterm ) & Xnest :1

Then in the xterm window you write  "firefox".

You get: "firefox is already running..."
So you can't get another instans running. Effectivily you have turned
your mutliuser
system into a single user one...

GH