Call for testing: openssh-5.2

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 00:56:49 EST 2009

On Feb 16 15:32, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 5.2 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This is primarily a bug-fix
> release, to follow the feature-focused 5.1 release.

Builds and runs fine on Cygwin 1.7.  Since I won't support any new
OpenSSH package for Cygwin 1.5, and since Cygwin 1.7 will stop
supporting Windows 9x, I'm wondering if it's ok to strip all Windows 9x
support, as well as the *really* old Cygwin version considerations from
OpenSSH at this point.  It will strip some extra Cygwin-only code from
portable SSH.  Or, maybe we should do that right after the 5.2p1 release?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader