"Include" directive in ~/.ssh/config (reprise)

Yaniv Aknin yaniv at aknin.name
Mon Jan 5 21:12:04 EST 2009

Hi,

About a year and a half ago, Hank Leininger posted a plea to this list
for the inclusion of an Include directive in OpenSSH's configuration
file.

Hank's suggestion is detailed and thorough enough IMHO, so instead of
repeating it I'll link it here http://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=118236823907002&w=2
.

I'm also interested in this feature, and though my C skills aren't
what they never used to be, I think this is well within the range of
my ability to undertake, if people here have no objections.

If I'll implement this feature, will it be integrated into the next
release of OpenSSH? What's the process I should go through for that?

Cheers,
  - Yaniv