occasional ssh hang

Danny Rice dnaslave at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:03:46 EST 2009

I am noticing the same problem with 'ssh host uptime' hanging.  Did this ever get resolved?

 I am using OpenSSH on Redhat 6.2 (Intel) and Solaris 2.6 (Sparc).  I have a
 job on the linux machine that ssh's to the Solaris machine every 20 seconds
 or so and runs uptime.  The problem is that after many iterations of this,
 ssh will occasionally hang, and require a kill -9 to get rid of the
 process.  The problem happens with both protocol version 1 and 2, but it
 seems to happened more often with version 2.  I have noticed this problem
 with both 2.5.2p2 and 2.9p1.