Feature request: "SetupCommand" invoked before connecting

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jul 14 08:47:09 EST 2009

Hi again Helmut,

(Please don't cc me, I am on the list.)

Helmut Grohne wrote:
> Please CC me in a reply, so I don't have to watch out for replies
> in mailing list archives.

No problem!

> Peter Stuge wrote:
> > Why not? Note: Rename the original ssh binary and your script is
> > the new ssh.
>
> This does not work with an alias.

How do you mean alias? Shell alias? No, that's not the wrapper script
that was suggested, so it doesn't do the trick.

> Adding a wrapper still imposes the disadvantages mentioned before
> (second option parser, scattered configuration). Yes, it will work
> (around).

Sorry, I don't understand which disadvantages you refer to. The
suggestion is to rename the original ssh binary from ssh to for
example ssh.orig and then to create a script named ssh which does
everything you need, before finally execing ssh.orig.

//Peter