thought's on hostgator's "patch"

ahlist ahlist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 22:04:41 EST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Damien Miller<djm at mindrot.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, ahlist wrote:
>

>> They continue to talk as if they have inside information.
>
> I haven't been in contact with anyone identifying themselves as being
> associated with Hostgator, and I don't have any inside information to
> give anyway.

I think what I wrote came across the wrong way. What I meant was that Hostgator
continues to act as if they have inside information from the anti-sec group or
a copy of the "exploit". It is very annoying - they (hostgator) need
to stop using phrases like:

"CBC SSH Exploit"

"Since the exploit uses CBC Ciphers..."

These indicate they have a copy of something they are not sharing.
Very annoying and
wrong if they actually do have a copy of something (unlikely).