PasswordAuthentication fails in openssh3.7.1p1 as it does notuse PAM

Lalith Rajendran (CW) lrajendr at Brocade.COM
Thu Jun 4 23:54:22 EST 2009

Thanks for the information Peter. I fixed this by back porting the PAM
support implementation for password-authentication from openssh 3.9 to
openssh 3.7.1p1. (Bug 874 - (Re)Add PAM PasswordAuthentication support
).

I am also seeing another issue after I upgraded to 3.7.1p1. If I try
logging in through putty (keyboard interactive authentication), it is
not prompting for password the first time. It is prompting for password
only on the second attempt and only then I am able to login.

login as: Administrator

Login: Administrator
Password:

I searched for information regarding this problem but could not find
any.

Is this a known issue in openssh 3.7.1p1?

Thanks,
Lalith