support of openSSH + Certificates

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:13:44 EST 2009

> We want to use openSSH for one of our project. But we need certificate exchange support. I have gone through the documentation. It says openSSH support key management but no mention of certificates. I have seen some people outside openSSH giving patches for supporting X.509 but not sure how stable are those patches.
>
> Is there a way that openSSH support certificates? Your guidance will help a lot.

The OpenSSH in XtreemOS project (www.xtreemos.org) has been extended
to support X509 certificates (also including the SSO via extended
ForwardAgent mechanism). In its functionalities, certificate
verification is first step to do authentication, and traditional
authentication mechanisms are following. XtreemOS is open source, you
can download what you need.

Best Regards,

Ian