Replace uid==0 tests with capability checks

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 19:45:57 EST 2009

On Mar 19 12:32, Peter Stuge wrote:

> > > I approve too, even though I am not really affected.
> >
> > So, in my eyes this change would make the code clearer even in the
> > upstream OpenBSD-only code.
> ..
> > I only see advantages here.
>
> I agree. I guess produce the patch and push for inclusion..
>
> No real protests yet and the idea has been around for long.

Right.  The problem is, I already created a patch a couple of years ago
which has just gone stale.  Nothing came out of it.  If I *knew* it's
not futile work, I'd create another patch happily.  That's why I hope
for some definitive answer from the core developers beforehand.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader