A way to log what line of authorized_keys that was used

Jan Pechanec Jan.Pechanec at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 25 02:29:36 EST 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, William Viker wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm pretty sure that this isn't currently supported, so, I'll give it a
>shot and rather be rtfm-flamed instead of not trying :)

	William, I don't think you want a line number since that piece of
information can change in the future. What is supported is logging of the
fingerprint of the matching key:

	fp = key_fingerprint(found, SSH_FP_MD5, SSH_FP_HEX);
	verbose("Found matching %s key: %s", key_type(found), fp);
	xfree(fp);

	see auth2-pub.c. You would have to raise the logging level from the
default INFO to VERBOSE though.

	J.

--
Jan Pechanec