OpenSSH GSoC Project

Salvador Fandino sfandino at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 00:34:21 EST 2009

----- Original Message ----

The problem is not overhead but latency, at least in theory.

With current configuration, we have 32KB packet-length * 64
max-packets-queued = 2MB of data on the "air", so for instance, if the
communication line supports 4MB/s, but the roundtrip is 1 second, only
50% of the bandwidth will be used (AFAIK, the underlaying SSH transport
does not use any ACK mechanism internally and so is not affected by
round-trip, and TCP can handle that delays also).

I suppose those would be rare cases in practice, so probably, it doesn't worth the trouble...

- Salva