ssh logging

Balázs Molnár molnarb81 at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 18:59:32 EST 2009

Dear All,

I am a newbie in the unix world.

I have a problem. I try to log all my typed, edited (via vi/vim) and of course the output/result of a command into a file (specific file e.g.: hostname_date_time.log into my home directory).

I would like to reach the same logging what the putty does. But I do not want to use putty under linux.
This is why I ask you is it possible to logging the ssh as the putty?

I read the related man pages and look after my problems in the net as well (forums, etc).
Unfortunately I have found nothing for my problem. :(

Secondly the Logging levels info, debug, verbose ... there is no description in the man. Which level logs what.

If it is possible can you please send me a detailed description about it?

If it is not possible to log. Does it have chance that the ssh will contain this option as well?

I would like to thank you in advance for your kind help and time as well.

Regards,Balázs Molnáre-Mail:molnarb81 at hotmail.com