remote port forwarding unstable

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 04:52:58 EST 2009

Perhaps it is something wrong with your ssh client.

I have had remote ssh port forwarding sessions open for weeks and in
frequent use when using putty on the client and openssh 5.1 on the
server.

I have also had remote upon remote sessions going, which works, albiet
a little slowly. IE

Session1 client -> server1 -ssh -R 1080:server2:1080 -> server2
And
Session2 client -putty remote port forwarding 1080 on server1

This allows me to access a web mgmt port for an app on server 2 which
is sitting behind two firewalls that do not allowed to have web
traffic in there.

Very round about way of doing things. But it works

Thanks

Peter