Problems porting to an ARM platform

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 21 21:38:19 EST 2009

Christoph Baumann wrote:
> On 19.10.2009 14:29, Darren Tucker wrote:
>> What point in the connection does it crash at?  ("ssh -vvv server"). Can
>> you run it under a debugger?  If so what does the backtrace say?
>
> I now compiled against OpenSSL 0.9.8k. This made the ssh client getting
> a bit further.
>
> $ ssh -vvv 192.168.2.10
[...]
> debug2: service_accept: ssh-userauth
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
> SIGSEGV

It's not obvious where it's crashing, but the next step is
authentication, and if you have any public keys it might be crashing
trying to load them.

How did you configure and compile OpenSSL?  What compile options did you
use?

I'll ask the questions I asked previously that you haven't answered:
  - does openssl's "make test" pass?
  - can you run ssh under a debugger?  if so what does the backtrace show?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.