Disabling $HOME/.ssh/rc

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Fri Oct 23 03:07:43 EST 2009

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I couldn't see how to stop this.

I'm concerned with the use of ~/.ssh/rc  and similar files.  The problem
is that if $HOME is on an NFS server then this essentially means user
accounts can be compromised due to ssh activity, or a locked down account
(command= restrictions) may be able to exceed it's expected access rights.

We already put authorized_keys into /etc  (painful; means every host needs
touching) and would like to be able to prevent other types of non-approved
execution.

Ideas?

Thanks!

--