openssh-unix-dev Digest, Vol 78, Issue 8

Laurent GAUTROT l.gautrot at free.fr
Sun Oct 25 19:20:30 EST 2009

Le 25/10/2009 01:23, openssh-unix-dev-request at mindrot.org a écrit :
> Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:15:05 -0700
> From: Dave Yost<Dave at Yost.com>
> To:"openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org"  <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
> Subject: known_hosts(5) man page
>
> Here's our situation. Two hosts, s1, s2, each with its own key.
> Domain name foo is aliased to either s1 or s2 (each with its own
> fixed IP address), depending on which is working correctly at any
> given time.
> The known_hosts(5) man page, when it comes into existence, should
> explain how I would express that the ip-address/key pair from either
> s1 or s2 is acceptable when connecting to foo.
> I can't find any documentation that suggests if this is possible or
> if so, how to do it.

Hello,

Let's consider 2 options.

Either those hosts are "somewhat the same", and you may find it useful
to stick the same host keys to both, then use something like a
*Hostname* directive ssh_config(5).

Or they actually are different, and you should refer to each host with a
specific name, that is, using a different hostname and a key.

Regards