Problems porting to an ARM platform

Christoph Baumann c.baumann at ppc-ag.de
Sat Oct 31 02:32:45 EST 2009

On 30.10.2009 16:27, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Add debugging:
>
> fprintf(stderr, "options=%p  sizeof(* options)=%d 0x%x\n",
> 	options, sizeof(* options), sizeof(* options));
>
> Also check what type options is?

The type of the global variable options is "Options" (note capital O).
My trace output of the interesting addresses is this:

&environ: 0x70cfb69c
&options.forward_agent: 0x70cfa218
&options.visual_host_key: 0x70cfb6c8
sizeof(Options): 5300

'forward_agent' is the first and 'visual_host_key' the last element of
the Options structure. As you can see the addresses overlap with 'environ'.

This looks like a compiler problem. Any hints to fix that?

--

Dipl.-Phys. Christoph Baumann
Power PLUS Communications AG

phone: +49(621)40165-???
fax:   +49(621)40165-???
mailto://c.baumann@ppc-ag.de
http://www.ppc-ag.de

Handelsregister-Nr.: HRB 8853
Sitz und Registergericht: Mannheim
Vorstand: Ingo Schönberg (Vorsitzender), Eugen Mayer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates Univ.-Prof. Dr. Torsten Gerpott