Support for merging LPK and hpn-ssh into mainline openssh?

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Thu Sep 10 04:39:38 EST 2009

Damien Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Howard Chu wrote:
>
>> > Old news, but ... http://lwn.net/Articles/298833/
>> >
>> > I first posted about this back in 2001 and it's still not resolved:
>> > http://osdir.com/ml/ietf.secsh/2001-09/msg00000.html
> So, if you were thinking about it back in 2001 then why haven't you
> implemented it yet?

The lack of response from the IETF list indicated to me that the likelihood of
getting a protocol extension accepted/adopted was near zero.

> We don't really care for wishlists, but if you come up with a concrete
> specification (in the form of a Internet-draft) or a patch to implement
> your desired behaviour the we can talk about it.

OK. That, at least, invites the possibility.

> Complaining that we
> aren't working to your program is neither effective nor respectful.

I didn't realize that I represented such a minority interest in wanting
security. Sorry for trying to impose my selfish agenda on you.

--
   -- Howard Chu