Limit number of connections per user?

Keisial keisial at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 07:14:05 EST 2010

Try to reach ot the reason he wants it. I guess he really wants a program
which bans multiple unsuccessful login attempts. Not allowing Fred to login
twice could be done with PAM, but it would be like shooting itself in
the foot.
The users will still be able to run many programs (or just a single program
with an high load), and when their connection drops (as will happen if they
are not all in the same intranet) and they retry they will discover that
the
server hasn't noticed yet and they are locked out.