Limit number of connections per user?

Goran Hasse gorhas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:23:56 EST 2010

There is also a problem of how to define a user. Is it the login name
or is it the process UID that should be used?

The /etc/passwd file sometimes looks like:

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/master.passwd,v 1.25.2.6 2002/06/30 17:57:17 des Exp $
#
root:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh
ketoroot:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh
nvtroot:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh
oskarroot:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh
toor:*:0:0:Bourne-again Superuser:/root:

GH