please decrypt your manuals

Doru Georgescu headset001 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 19:29:59 EST 2010

--- On Sun, 4/18/10, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:

> From: Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org>
> Subject: Re: please decrypt your manuals
> To: "Doru Georgescu" <headset001 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Keisial" <keisial at gmail.com>, "OpenSSH" <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
> Date: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 8:27 AM
> > Please support my proposal to
> have the ssh manuals fully specify the
> > location of files they refer.
>
> You are welcome to submit a patch to our bug tracking
> system:
> https://bugzilla.mindrot.org/
>
> Once you have come up with something concrete then we can
> discuss it.
>
> -d

I propose to add to every file mentioned in the ssh manuals the specification of whether it lives on the server machine or on the client machine, or whether it is used by the server software or by the client software, as it is the case. If all files in a manual are on one machine, this can be said in one place in that manual. If most files in a manual are on one machine, this can be again said in one place, and only those files residing on the other machine should be specified individually. If one file is used by both the server and the client, than this should be mentioned in the file explanation in the list of files, in all manuals where that respective file appears in the list of files, to avoid confusion. Also to avoid confusion, a few words explaining how do the client and the server use that specific file, should be added.

I can submit a patch only with the cooperation and support of the people on this list.

Doru