OpenSSH with "resumable" functionality

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Apr 20 16:33:27 EST 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Misha Koshelev wrote:

> Thank you all. I am trying to implement something much simple than
> GNU screen, but am not very familiar with Unix IPC and am having the
> hardest time.
>
> Perhaps you might have some suggestions?

There are quite a few things wrong with your example, such as: using
blocking IO, failing to deal with stdio closure or errors, spinning
instead of using select() or poll(). There are probably more problems,
I only glanced over it.

You should run to your nearest library, borrow and read the entirety
of W. Richard Stevens' "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment"
before writing another line of code. Also, check out libevent:
http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

-d