ServerAliveInterval exit code?

Misha Koshelev misha680 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:37:59 EST 2010

Dear Sirs:

Thank you so much for your help. I have now created both the client and server for resumable nx sessions using the ServerAliveInterval option to disconnect after several seconds of server inaccessibility.

I am now working on an nxssh "substitute", which at this point seems fairly straightforward.

However, when I spawn ssh, I need to know whether:
(a) it exited because of ServerAliveInterval, and I should re-connect
or
(b) it exited for some other reason (session finished).

Is there, by any chance, some way I could detect this, perhaps by an exit code?

Thank you

Please reply all

Sincerely yours
Misha Koshelev