allow multiple users

Adriana Rodean adrya1984 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:28:18 EST 2010

Hi,

I have user A that connects to ssh successfully through public key
authentication.
I created on server user B, but ssh doesn't allow user B to connect through PKI.

Both users use the same key to connect, for user A works, for user B doesn't.

Here is the fail message:
"trying public key file /home/A/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/authorized_keys
debug1: fd 4 clearing O_NONBLOCK
Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file
/home/A/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/authorized_keys
debug1: restore_uid: 0/0
debug1: temporarily_use_uid: 1008/1000 (e=0/0)
debug1: trying public key file
/home/A/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/authorized_keys
debug1: fd 4 clearing O_NONBLOCK
Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file
/home/A/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/authorized_keys
"
The access rights to authorized_keys are 755, owner A group A. User B
is also in group A, so theoretically should work.

I guess the access rights are wrong or owner... So what access rights
/ owner should have authorized_keys so both users can connect?

Hope someone can help me :)

Thanks,
Adriana