OpenSSH with "resumable" functionality

Jeremy Nickurak jeremy at nickurak.ca
Wed Aug 4 03:06:30 EST 2010

This idea got brought up in another thread, so I thought I'd look back.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:30, Andreas Gunnarsson <andreas at zzlevo.net>wrote:

> However, there may be circumstances when it's better to actively suspend
> the connection. For example, if the default route moves to another
> interface it could take some time before it is possible to detect that
> the TCP session is dead.

Indeed, when you've got that information, it's great to have, and might
reduce latency during the connection renegotiation. When you don't have that
information... well you still can recover, just with a little longer period
of things backing up.

Any updates on things happening here? I never heard anything back from the
authors of the paper I discussed at the beginning of the thread, so my
expectation is their work won't show up.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: -= jeremy at nickurak.ca =-