Slackware-12 still fails three tests

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Aug 20 19:40:23 EST 2010

On 18/08/10 3:06 AM, Andy Tsouladze wrote:
[...]
> I use tcsh, so .bashrc does not exist. I have removed a few stty
> settings from my .cshrc, and - you were correct - all tests passed. So
> that's a good thing. As a side note, maybe tests should be made more
> independent of a user environment.

It can't be independent of the user's environment because sshd uses the
user's shell (as retrieved by getpwnam) to execute commands.  What we
maybe could do is a simple test to see if the shell is in fact clean,
something like:

if [[ `$SHELL -c true 2>&1` != "" ]]; then
   echo fix yer shell
   exit 1
fi

The trick with that is finding out the user's shell in a portable
fashion.  Maybe even get configure to run a little program that just
does getpwuid(getuid()).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.