Announce: OpenSSH 5.6 released

Bert Wesarg bert.wesarg at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 25 20:29:38 EST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:19, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Bert Wesarg wrote:
>
>> Particular for this new feature. But I miss an important feature. I
>> need a LocalCommand equivalent, which is only executed once per
>> session (i.e. by the multiplex master). I use this to mount file
>> systems from the remote per sshfs. My ControlCommand patch [1] does
>> have allow this. I could rework this path, so that it only has this
>> feature.
>>
>> Opinions?
>
> If you want to execute a command after the session is brought up then
> you can use the existing LocalCommand. If you want it before the
> connection is made then you can wrap ssh(1) in a shell script or function.

Thanks for the clarification. I have actually never tried it, because
my understanding from reading the documentation of LocalCommand
suggests that the command will be executed for each 'ssh' invocation.
Be it a mux master or a mux client. I can try to bring up a patch
which clarifies this in the documentation.

Bert