Query on sshpam_tty_conv

Ramya Rangarajan ramyarangarajan86 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:15:32 EST 2010

Hi,

I am facing issues with couple of cases during authentication using pam for
openssh

Case 1:

When we get challenge response from pam radius module with  Echo prompt ON
or OFF,  its not getting displayed in ssh prompt because currently *
sshpam_tty_conv* do not support the display of plain text.

Case 2:

When any INFO or ERROR message is passed to *sshpam_tty_conv *from
underlying pam module before authentication is successful, those messages
are also not getting displayed since stdio is not connected.

Can anyone please provide suggestions on this openssh behaviour