[Patch] Make OpenSSH work with FreeBSD's utmpx implementation

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Thu Jan 14 08:04:39 EST 2010

Hello all,

The next version of FreeBSD will use utmpx for its user accounting
database, as opposed to utmp which is used right now.

Unfortunately wtmpx and lastlog handling isn't standardized at all,
which is why we took the liberty to integrate all these databases into a
compact API, where setutxdb() can be used to switch to a different
database and getutxuser() to search for a USER_PROCESS matching a
certain user.

In addition, we don't define UTMPX_FILE, because we don't want to allow
applications to interact with the database files directly. This
definition seems to be required by OpenSSH, even though it is not used
in a sensible way.

The attached patch makes OpenSSH from CVS build on FreeBSD HEAD again.
It would be nice if it could be incorporated into the next version.

Greetings,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/