ssh(1) multiplexing rewrite

Salvador Fandino sfandino at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 24 23:09:48 EST 2010

Hi,

> I'm hoping to commit the attached version soon. It adds request
> identifiers so supporting multiple sessions opened by one control
> connection should be possible without an incompatible protocol change
> in the future (though the server doesn't support it now).
>
> I'd appreciate your thoughts on whether the proposed protocol (documented
> in PROTOCOL.mux) meets your needs.

I believe that will be enough for multiplexing control messages over a single connection.

But regarding the send-signal-over-mux feature, and if you want to fix the protocol at this time, a slot should be reserved in MUX_C_MSG_NEW_SESSION and MUX_C_NEW_STDIO_FWD packets for the friendly-names.

- Salva

PD: excuse me for not having replied to your previous email. I had not forgotten about it, just that I have been quite busy over the las days and I wanted to do it properly.