moving X11 portforwarding out into a " plugin" framework

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 25 23:10:08 EST 2010

Damien Miller <djm <at> mindrot.org> writes:

> You should be able to do most of what you want using a Subsystem (see
> sshd_config) and a helper program on the client side.

Hrm.  Doesn't a Subsystem typically invoke something on the server side other
than the typical shell session?  But what if I want really is just the usual
shell session, prepped with the server end of a number of different forwarding
setups?

I suppose I could write a Subsystem that simply mimics the existing "start a
shell" functionality, but with my proposed forwarding (and the env. vars that go
with them) but that seems a little hacky.

b.