Feature request: fsh-like functionality

Norbert Nemec Norbert.Nemec.list at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 19:14:21 EST 2010

On 23/07/10 09:50, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> Hmm - based by these numbers I did some further test and am now
> suspecting that it is actually the login process of the bash that is
> eating up the time. Unfortunately, I cannot easily simplify the login
> scripts as a number of modules needs to be loaded. Furthermore, it is
> not quite clear to me which scripts are actually executed when calling
> 'ssh somehost "command"'. According to the documentation "command" is
> executed instead of a login shell. Still, the .bashrc seems to be read.
Update: The real problem are /etc/bash.bashrc and /etc/profile -- both
files are very complex and take significant time to process. I have no
influence on the setup of the system. SSH does not seem to offer any way
to issue a command without calling either of these two files. Am I
missing something?