Compiling OpenSSH with OpenSSL-fips 0.9.8o on Windows

Bryan brakeb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:22:04 EST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 01:25, Shyamal Pandya1
<Shyamal_Pandya1 at symantec.com> wrote:
> You need to make sure that the openssl fips libraries are there in the library path. On Linux it means setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the directory where those libraries are.
>
> Shyamal

okay, let's make sure I clarify.  When building with CYGWIN, I need to
build openssh with the openssl libraries in the "library path"?

I added "/cygdrive/f/TRUNK/UPDATES/Linux/FIP_SSL/openssl-0.9.8o/out32dll"
directory to $LIB, $LIBPATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and nothing works.
That is where a copy of opensslv.h is located.  I also found a copy in
/cygdrive/f/TRUNK/UPDATES/Linux/FIP_SSL/openssl-0.9.8o/include.  I
have tried to add that to $PATH, and to $LIB. I wouldn't mind it so
much, but it takes 15-20 minutes to build to the point where it fails.

Nothing seems to work.  I am sure it is possible to build OpenSSH with
OpenSSL-fips, but I am at a loss because of lack of good documentation
that is available.