building openssh with openssl-fips: cygwin can't find libcrypto

Bryan brakeb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 02:54:20 EST 2010

I am almost done here... I was able to symlink the headers to get past
the opensslv header files, but the build process fails because openssl
didn't build libcypto.  The problem is that when building openssl with
fips, it doesn't not appear to build libcrypto, and changing anything
in the ./Configure makes in non-FIPs compliant.

Is there something I can do here to get a FIPs compliant openssl with libcrypto?