Capture Keystrokes

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Sat Jul 31 02:01:50 EST 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Alan Neville wrote:
> As it stands, I have one last element to implement and this is to
> capture keystrokes from an established SSH session.

You control the ssh server, right?  Then configure it to run the user's
shell inside a keystroke recorder.  I suggest using NetBSD's version of
the "script" program, because it has options that let you record both
directions, and associate a timestamp with each chunk of captured data.

You should be able to compile NetBSD's version of script
under some other BSD, or maybe even Linux, without
much trouble; you can get the files from cvsweb here:
<http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/script/>.

--apb (Alan Barrett)