Call for testing: OpenSSH-5.4

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 2 12:44:53 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 01:25:38 -0600, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 5.4 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This is a big release,
> with a number of major new features and many bug fixes.

The 20100302 snapshot builds and tests successfully on the following
platforms:

	RHEL 5 (x86_64)
	SLES 10 (x86_64)
	SLES 10 (ia64)

On OS X (Intel), the snapshot builds but fails the regression tests:

run test cert-hostkey.sh ...
certified host keys: sign host rsa cert
certified host keys: sign host dsa cert
certified host keys: host rsa cert connect privsep yes
certified host keys: host dsa cert connect privsep yes
certified host keys: host rsa cert connect privsep no
certified host keys: host dsa cert connect privsep no
certified host keys: test host cert connect user-certificate expect failure
certified host keys: test host cert connect empty principals expect success
certified host keys: test host cert connect wrong principals expect failure
certified host keys: test host cert connect cert not yet valid expect failure
Invalid certificate time 20200101
couldn't sign cert_host_key_rsa
certified host keys: test host cert connect cert expired expect failure
Invalid certificate time 19800101
couldn't sign cert_host_key_rsa
certified host keys: test host cert connect cert valid interval expect success
certified host keys: test host cert connect cert has constraints expect failure
certified host keys: host rsa cert downgrade to raw key
certified host keys: host dsa cert downgrade to raw key
failed certified host keys
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make: *** [tests] Error 2

And on Solaris 9 (SPARC/gcc) the tests likewise fail:

run test cert-userkey.sh ...
certified user keys: sign user rsa cert
certified user keys: sign user dsa cert
certified user keys: user rsa cert connect privsep yes
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
ssh cert connect failed
certified user keys: user dsa cert connect privsep yes
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
ssh cert connect failed
certified user keys: user rsa cert connect privsep no
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
ssh cert connect failed
certified user keys: user dsa cert connect privsep no
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
ssh cert connect failed
certified user keys: ensure CA key does not authenticate user
ssh cert connect with CA key succeeded unexpectedly
certified user keys: test user cert connect host-certificate expect failure
certified user keys: test user cert connect empty principals expect success
ssh cert connect empty principals failed unexpectedly
certified user keys: test user cert connect wrong principals expect failure
certified user keys: test user cert connect cert not yet valid expect failure
certified user keys: test user cert connect cert expired expect failure
certified user keys: test user cert connect cert valid interval expect success
ssh cert connect cert valid interval failed unexpectedly
certified user keys: test user cert connect wrong source-address expect failure
certified user keys: test user cert connect force-command expect failure
failed certified user keys
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `t-exec'
Current working directory /u/wk/imorgan/src/openssh/openssh/regress
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'tests'

--
Iain Morgan