QoS marking for Openssh

Philip A. Prindeville philipp at employees.org
Sun Mar 7 14:03:28 EST 2010

I've been going over various services (sendmail, apache, thunderbird, proftpd, cyrus, etc) trying to add QoS support.

I'm wondering if its worth doing for Openssh, also.

Setting different priorities for ssh and scp make sense... but port-forwarding complicates things.

Should the QoS be copied out of the tunneled connection?

Anyone have a good idea how a connection carrying tty session traffic (ssh itself), plus (for example) forwarded X and LPR connections should label all 3 traffic types on the same connection?

Thanks,

-Philip

P.S. I'm not on this list so please Cc: me.