Announce: OpenSSH 5.4 released

Hu, Eric eric.hu at harman.com
Fri Mar 12 03:12:17 EST 2010

I saw this and was able to fix by prepending "%h" as well.

In addition, a possibly related odd behavior with respect to ForceCommand that I'm seeing is that a command that was working is now showing the following on the server side in debug mode:

debug1: Forced command (config) './tunnel.sh'
debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: channel 0: rfd 8 isatty
debug2: fd 8 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug2: fd 6 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: Received SIGCHLD.
debug1: session_by_pid: pid 1328
debug1: session_exit_message: session 0 channel 0 pid 1328

and telling the client "./tunnel.sh: No such file or directory."  This was working fine with 5.1 (previously used version, hadn't upgraded in awhile).  The file "tunnel.sh" is in the user's home directory and the privileges have not changed from when it worked.

Another complication (also possibly related, but also possibly not) I'm seeing is different behavior when using public key authentication and password authentication.  The former results in a very limited bash shell.  PATH is set, but programs can't be executed, arrow and backspace keys don't work, things like that.  Password authentication works just as it had before.  On version 5.1, both methods yielded the same shell.

Eric