openssh-5.5p1

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 17 07:49:44 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 14:04:26 -0500, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We will probably do an openssh-5.5p1 release soon, mainly for the
> sshd_config:AuthorizedKeysFile bug, but containing a few other small
> patches too. If you have any portability fixes that need to go in then
> please send them through at once.
>
> -d

Hi Damien,

I just stumbled across an issue today building 5.4p1 on SLES 10 with
libedit support. When --with-libedit is used, configure will use
-lcurses when testing for a functional libedit. On SLES 10 (and perhaps
other OS's) there is no libcurses.so (evan as a symlink) so the test
fails.

It may be best to check for -lcurses and -lncurses, and then use the
appropriate library when checking for -ledit.

I'm not an autoconf wizard and thus don't have an actual patch to
submit. I'm just working around the issue by hacking the configure
script.

--
Iain Morgan