Help required for Research

Nitin Mohan mohanni at onid.orst.edu
Tue Mar 23 06:20:44 EST 2010

Quoting Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org>:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Nitin Mohan wrote:
>
>> In order to do this research,
>> I need access to your bug repository. Instead of downloading your bug
>> reports through Bugzilla or your web interface, I was hoping you might
>> instead send me the bug files (in XML format) in a zip file instead if
>> you have access to these. This will reduce the load on your servers, and
>> save me a great deal of work. You could use this email address for
>> sending the zipped bug files. Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Do you have some instructions on how to generate these extracts?

As far as I know, Bugzilla has a link at the bottom of every bug
description which gives us an option to convert that bug desc page
into a XML. So, going through every bug in the Bugzilla repository and
then convert them into XML should do the job, but its too laborious.
Thats why I wanted to ask for your suggestion whether some other way
exists to retrieve the bugs as XML.

Thanks for your reply.

Nitin