openssh directories on Haiku

scott mc scottmc2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 07:26:18 EST 2010

First off, I'd like to say thanks for applying the patch we recently
submitted on the bug tracker to allow openssh to build on Haiku.

In our current port of openssh for Haiku it's creating a directory
~/.ssh, we'd like to have this moved to ~/config/settings/ssh (without
a dot in front of ssh).  Haiku (and BeOS before that) has a function
available to determine the location of a directory, called
find_directory().  Under Haiku it is considered rude, when programs
dump their configuration (or cache) files/directories directly in the
the user's home directory. There's a dedicated subdirectory
(~/config/settings) for that purpose, which for future compatibility
reasons should be looked up at run-time via
find_directory(B_USER_SETTINGS_DIRECTORY).
http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/BDirectory.html#find_directory

I haven't looked at the openssh source code long enough to have
located where this change would need to be made, perhaps someone could
point me in the right direction?

-Scott McCreary
HaikuPorts